Saturday 1 February 2014

Some Days Work, Some Days Don't

Some days just 'work' as fast days. Others, it would seem, don't. In the fasting book it does advise you to give in gracefully if it is one of those days.


My body seemed to be getting used to fasting, in that the increased insulin sensitivity had levelled out. Yesterday though, being an extra fast day technically, was obviously just a bit too full on for my body (at least for now). I breakfasted as normal, but only an hour or so afterwards I started to feel unusually hungry; by 11:30am I felt starving and my sugar level was quite low (5.1), and by half 12 I decided that to skip lunch would just cause more problems that it might solve, since I was starting to pick at food to try and feel better. In the end I had a slightly smaller lunch than usual and that was okay, but then by 2:30pm I felt desperate for food again (my levels were hovering around the 5 mark most of the day, dwelling on the verge of dipping). I decided to forget fasting altogether. I had a snack at 3pm and then still felt the need (diabetically) for more food at 4:30pm. I ended with a good tea at 6pm with my sugar levels finally feeling stable.


Of course, nothing is that easy with diabetes, and despite being a perfect 7.3 before bed, I had a sky-high reading of 20.9 at 5:30am. Thankfully I am a slightly more acceptable 12.9 this morning. It is also the first sunny day in AGES, so I shall end this here, get up and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment